Privacy Statement of Cushionandpillow.com
1 May 2018
During the processing we conform to the requirements of the applicable data protection legislation. This means we:
- clearly specify our purposes before we process personal data, by using this Privacy Statement;
- limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data needed for legitimate purposes;
- first ask for explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required;
- take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and we demand the same from parties who process personal data on our behalf;
- respect your right to inspect, correct or delete your personal data held by us.
Cushionandpillow.com is the party responsible for all data processing. In this privacy statement, we will explain what kind of personal data we collect and for which purposes within our webshop www.cushionandpillow.com. We recommend that you read it carefully.
Handling your order
We will use your personal data when handling your order. We may share your data with the delivery service to have your order delivered. We may also obtain information on your payment from your bank or credit card company.
For this purpose, we use your email address, gender, phone number, birth date, invoice address, name and address details and payment details. We need this data because of our agreement with you. We store this information until your order has been completed. Certain types of personal data will be retained for a longer period with regards to the legal tax retention (the legal retention period).
Providing to Third Parties
We collaborate with other organisations, that may receive your personal data.
To handle your orders, we work together with:
- Our payment provider EMS
- Our postal service provider GLS
Statistics and profiling
We keep statistics on the use of our webshop. These statistics help us to, for example, only show you information that is relevant to you. We may combine personal data to get to know more about you. We will of course respect your privacy at all times. If you do not want us to do these statistics, please let us know.
For this purpose, we use your IP address. We do this on the basis of your consent. We store this information for 26 months.
Certain features of our service require you to register beforehand. You will have to provide some information about yourself and choose a username and password for the account that we will set up for you.
For this purpose, we use your gender, invoice address, name and address details, email address and phone number. We need this data because of our agreement with you. We store this information for six months after you closed your account.
We will retain this data so that you do not have to re-enter it every time you visit our website, and in order to contact you in connection with the execution of the agreement, invoicing and payment, and to provide an overview of the products and services you have purchased from us.
We will not publish your customer data.
Providing Data to Third Parties
Except for the parties mentioned above, we do not under any circumstance provide your personal data to other companies or organisations, unless we are required so by law (for example, when the police demands access to personal data in case of a suspected crime).
We keep statistics on the use of our webshop
The first time you visit our webshop, we will show you a notification explaining our cookies and ask for your permission for the use of these cookies.
We use Google Analytics to track visitors on our website and to get reports about how visitors use the website. We accepted the data processing agreement from Google. We do allow Google to use information obtained by Analytics for other Google services, and we don’t anonymize the IP-addresses.
We take security measures to reduce misuse of and unauthorized access to personal data. We take the following measures in particular:
- Access to personal data requires the use of a user name and password
- After receipt, the data will be stored in a separate system
- We make use of secure connections (Secure Sockets Layer or SSL) to encrypt all information between you and our website when entering your personal data
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this statement. We recommend that you consult this statement on a regular basis, so that you remain informed of any changes.
Inspection and Modification of your Data
You have the following right:
- Being informed on which personal data we have and what we are using it for;
- Inspection of the personal data that we keep from you;
- Having incorrect data corrected;
- Request to delete outdated personal data;
- Revoke your consent;
- Object to certain uses.
Please note that you always make clear who you are, so that we can assure that we do not modify or remove the data from the wrong person.
If you think that we are not helping you in the right way, you have the right to lodge a complaint at the authority. For The Netherlands, this is the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens.